The Powertrain Interface Module (PIM) fitted to Holden VY and VZ models acts and a communication gateway between the Body Control Module (BCM) and Engine Control Module (ECM). The PIM is also part of theft deterrent authentication process or immobiliser system.
Some common faults being reported by our customers include no start, fuel and temp gauges inoperative, no crank or even a chattering starter relay. Also in most of these situations, no scan tool communication can be established with the PIM module.
Affected Vehicles include:
- Holden Adventra VY (2003-2004)
- Holden Adventra VZ (2004-2006)
- Holden Calais VY (2002-2004)
- Holden Calais VZ (2004-2006)
- Holden Caprice WK (2003-2004)
- Holden Caprice WL (2004-2006)
- Holden Commodore VY (2002-2005)
- Holden Commodore VZ (2004-2007)
- Holden Crewman VY (2003-2004)
- Holden Crewman VZ (2004-2006)
- Holden Monaro VZ (2004-2005)
- Holden One Tonner VY (2003-2004)
- Holden One Tonner VZ (2004-2006)
- Holden Statesman WK (2003-2004)
- Holden Statesman WL (2004-2006)
- HSV Avalanche VY (2003-2004)
- HSV Avalanche VZ (2004-2006)
- HSV Clubsport VY (2002-2003)
- HSV Coupe VZ (2004-2006)
- HSV Grange WK (2003-2004)
- HSV GTS VY (2002-2004)
- HSV Maloo VY (2002-2004)
- HSV Senator VY (2002-2003)
Fault codes observed:
- P1626 - theft deterrent fuel enable signal lost
- P1631 - theft deterrent start signalnot correct
If a vehicle is presenting with a no start, no crank scenario and no communication can be established with the scan tool, provided the PIM has battery voltage (12V) at Pin 15 when ignition key is at ON position and there is a good ground reference (0V) at Pin 16, it can be assumed that the PIM is faulty.
For faults related to theft deterrent fault codes, check that the key is functioning with the BCM and that no key-related codes are logged in the BCM. If the key and BCM checks out ok, then it is possible that the PIM module has lost its link. If the PIM cannot be relinked to the system it can be confirmed that the fault lies with the PIM module itself.
Injectronics can perform all hardware and software repairs to the PIM module. The unit will be returned to the customer as a “plug and play” unit with no further programming required. The customer must send the ECM, BCM, PIM, and key for testing or repairs. Note: additional programming charges may apply if ECM has been flash tuned. Contact Injectronics for further info.
Repair Part Number: PIMGMREP
OEM Part Numbers: 92184307, 92094020, 92174094, 92114860, 92199158