The Ford Ranger / Mazda BT50 is a very common vehicle in Australia and New Zealand with over 300 thousand on the road. IM Group’s customers have come across a common fault with these vehicles being an intermittent no start issue. The vehicles in question include:
- Ford Ranger PJ series 2007-2009, WE-C (3.0L) WL-C (2.5L)
- Ford Ranger PK series 2009-2011, WE-C (3.0L) WL-C (2.5L)
- Mazda BT50 UN J97M 2006-2011, WE-C (3.0L) FL-C (2.5L)
- The vehicles starter motor will crank but the engine will not start, there will be no check engine light or glow light operation in the instrument cluster intermittently.
- The ignition key may have to be cycled multiple times until the check engine and glow lights in instrument cluster illuminate. Once the check engine & glow lights illuminate the engine will start.
- BAP sensor / MAP sensor performance code
- No communication between the ECM and scan tool
- No Injector outputs
- Immobiliser issues
Injectronics can provide the following solutions:
- A repair of the customer’s own unit
- Supply a fully programmed exchange unit (customer must provide the original unit)
- Supply an ECM in a virgin (new) state. Ford factory scan tool, IDS or FMP programming will be required
- Supply a cloned ECM, matched to the immobiliser if the vehicle is immobilised
- Immobiliser key programming or programming immobiliser to ECM as required
The part numbers on the ECM’s does not determine if the unit is immobilised or not. A unit with the same part number can be either immobilised or non-immobilised. Immobilised vehicles have an antenna coil imbedded in the black plastic trim ring around the ignition key barrel and a separate immobiliser module located above the ECM.
Part numbers include:
- 0 281 012 704
- 0 281 012 875
- 0 281 013 055
- 0 281 016 312
- 0 281 016 316
- 0 281 019 357