The very popular 3.0L and 3.6L Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) engine were first introduced in Australia by Holden in 2010. The new Euro IV emission compliant 3.0L and 3.6L engines are both made in Melbourne and use SIDI technology. Fitted to the Holden Commodore, Captiva and Statesman/Caprice series these vehicles run an AC Delco Engine Control Module (ECM). These ECM’s have now started to present in increasing numbers for repair with faults ranging from throttle body chatter to no start and no communication with the scan tool.
Vehicle applications include:
- Holden Captiva CG 3.0L (2012-ON)
- Holden Commodore VE 3.0L (2010-2013)
- Holden Commodore VF 3.0L (2013-ON)
- Holden Statesman/Caprice WM 3.6L SIDI LFX (2011-2013)
- Holden Commodore SV6 VE 3.6L SIDI LFX (2011-2013)
Injectronics has seen these common Faults;
- No start
- No communication
- Intermittently cutting out
- Throttle chatters but no-fault codes logged
- Fault code P0606 - ECU processor fault
- Fault code P062B - ECU internal performance malfunction
- Fault code P00C9 - Fuel pressure regulator positive circuit malfunction
- Fault code P0091 - Fuel pressure regulator control circuit malfunction
- Fault code U0140 - lost communication with BCM
- Fault code U0155 - lost communication with Instrument cluster
Any vehicles presenting with a no start, no communication fault, should have a complete inspection of the vehicles wiring harness and fuses. If the inspection proves the vehicles wiring and fuses are functioning correctly, the technician can assume the ECM has suffered an internal failure and the unit will require a repair or replacement.
For fault codes P00C9 and P0091 all related wiring and fuel system components should be checked for fault.
Injectronics can repair the customers own unit, offering a prompt 24 hour turnaround time. Replacement units are also available if the customers unit is unrepairable. The customer must send the ECM, key, key reader and BCM for testing or repairs.
Repair Part Number: ECMSIDIREP / ECMSIDI2REP
OEM part numbers